Activities and Accomplishments
The Hon. Eugene Delgaudio was drafted in 1981 to run a small not-for-profit political action group, Public Advocate of the United States, Inc., as Executive Director and later President, with the express mission to "take on hypocrisy and corruption in Washington ignored by the major (fake news) media."
Eugene is married to one woman all his life, Sheila Delgaudio, since 1982 and they celebrate 40 years together this Fall 2022.
Delgaudio earned the title "Honorable" with his unopossed election to the Board of Supervisors of Loudoun County, Virginia in 1999 and served after 4 winning elections until 2015.
Never predictable and always on target, Public Advocate uses legal briefs, Congressional testimony, direct political action, petition drives and other grassroots lobbying to marshal forces against the liberal radicals.
Public Advocate's legal team has filed 34 amicus briefs, advancing traditional and novel legal arguments. In the case of the Boy Scouts of America defense, which required Public Advocate to file several successive briefs, Public Advocate filed an expansive brief which documented the many victims and the suffering endured under policies advanced by the homosexual lobby. And as Public Advocate works tirelessly to defend private retail stores run by Christians (or, e.g., charities run by the Little Sisters), we appeal to principles sometimes left out of consideration.
Public Advocate has engineered over 100 political actions, driving liberals to silence and embarrassing retreat. And when a major battle is lost (legislative, balloting or Senate confirmation), Public Advocate will counter-attack.
After Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich, Public Advocate is the group most Washington insiders hate the most - and the group that traditional conservatives fighting for traditional values call when they need to bring in the cavalry. For 30 years with Delgaudio at the helm, now as president, Public Advocate has taken decisive action against the radical left in America: at public forums, major party conventions, rallies, radio shows, television, and online. Below is a selection e of our accomplishments.
DEFENDED BRETT KAVANAUGH & NEIL GORSUCH
In 2018, Public Advocate launched a major petition drive and took to the streets of D.C. with dozens of volunteers to support President Trump's Supreme Court nominee, Judge Brett Kavanaugh. A video of our rally has 88,000+ views. The Kavanaugh Singers continued a tradition Public Advocate started during the confirmation of Justice Neil Gorsuch in 2017, when our "Confirm Gorsuch Ensemble" also sang on the steps of the Supreme Court.
Our ensemble was recognized by Republican Senators Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Chuck Grassley. Reporters from Reuters, Voice of America and many other networks recorded and interviewed Public Advocate staff and volunteers for almost an hour.
...STOPPED WILLIAM "THE WEASEL" PRYOR
Public Advocate launched a campaign and petition drive in 2017 to contact one million recipients, calling on them to oppose William Pryor for the Supreme Court. The campaign included electronic messages, online video ads, posters, stickers, and social media postings.
Public Advocate opposed Pryor because as a judge, Pryor has a long track record of ruling against Christians and in support of the radical left. Pryor led the persecution of Judge Roy Moore in Alabama in 2003, attacking his faith in God and his incorporation of Christian beliefs in his role as a judge.
...DELIVERED 100,000 PETITIONS TO PRESIDENT TRUMP
On May 1, 2018, Public Advocate delivered 100,000 signed petitions to President Trump, supporting the President's pro-family policy of banning "transgenders" in the military and defending religious liberty.
...DEFENDED CAKE BAKER JACK PHILLIPS
In October of 2017, Public Advocate's "Save the Cake Baker Squad" gathered in front of the U.S. Supreme Court to sing in support of Jack Phillips, the owner of the Masterpiece Cakeshop. Hundreds of people joined Public Advocate's team, whose video reached millions and has made the front pages of over 100 newspapers, including the Washington Post, New York Times, and Los Angeles Times.
...FOUGHT THE GAY LOBBY'S "REPUBLICAN" ROMPERS
In January of 2015, Public Advocate conducted a poll of its supporters, asking whether John Boehner (then-Speaker of the House) should be removed from his post to allow a new leader who would defend traditional marriage to take the reins of Congress. Just months later, Public Advocate's fears were confirmed when Boehner blocked Rep. Labrador's courageous bill (co-sponsored by 120 other members of the House) to prohibit the federal government from denying government benefits to defenders of Real Marriage. Public Advocate took to the streets to demand that Boehner release the Labrador Bill for a vote.
And when Boehner (finally) announced that he would step down, Public Advocate sent thousands of petitions and launched a massive social media ad buy to prevent Paul Ryan, co-sponsor of the Gay Bill of Special Rights, from taking over as Speaker and bending Congress over for the homosexual lobby - which he later did by gutting the First Amendment Defense Act. Needless to say, Public Advocate fought back in force.
...EXPOSED OBAMA'S "TRANSGENDER" LIES
Public Advocate took legal action to force the Justice Department and the Department of Education to acknowledge that they lacked evidence or public process authority to issue regulations forcing "transgender" bathrooms on women and children in schools and government facilities. Public Advocate's legal action impacted over 30 federal lawsuits and exposed Obama as having zero authority to force through his "transgender" bathrooms. And in 2017, the Trump administration withdrew Obama's appeal, permanently terminating the dangerous "transgender mandate."
...GUTTED OBAMA'S MILLION-ALIEN AMNESTY
On November 9, 2015, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit sided with Public Advocate's lawyers and upheld a Preliminary Injunction blocking Obama's illegal million-alien "DAPA" executive amnesty - a major victory for the rule of law.
...DEMANDED GOP SUPPORT REAL MARRIAGE -- AND WON
In 2016, Public Advocate attended the Democratic National Convention and the Republican National Convention to defend traditional marriage. In Cleveland, Public Advocate hired a pilot to fly a "DEFEND REAL MARRIAGE" banner over the Republican convention site, and lobbied successfully for the inclusion of a strong statement of support for traditional marriage in the Republican Party Platform.
Public Advocate continued to file legal briefs in federal court, stage demonstrations, and hold news conferences, greatly impacting the national debate about the direction of the U.S. Supreme Court, whose decisions have impacted the nation and, perhaps, the world.
DEFEATED THE GAY LOBBY'S SICK LEGISLATION
Public Advocate contacted millions of Americans, urging them to fight back against the Gay Bill of Special Rights and other deviant legislation in the U.S. Congress and state legislatures, and to defeat gay lobby candidates in elections for public office. As one example, World Magazine lavishly praised Public Advocate for its successful effort to stop the Pedophile Protection Act, a failed Michigan bill that would have expanded Michigan's anti-discrimination law to create a "protected class" for people with abnormal sexual attraction.
...CALLED FOR THE IMPEACHMENT OF ERIC HOLDER
Public Advocate delivered 15,000 petitions opposing so-called "gay rights" and calling for the impeachment of Eric Holder after President Obama and Rogue AG Holder refused to enforce America's traditional marriage law, which had been passed with overwhelming support by Congress and signed into law by then-President Clinton. The petitions were delivered on August 26, 2014. Less than a month later, Eric Holder resigned.
...SAVED THE CROSS
In 2014, Public Advocate undertook the courageous defense of the Mount Soledad Cross (located outside San Diego, California) against efforts by the ACLU and other anti-Christian groups to tear it down. Public Advocate filed legal briefs with the Supreme Court and contacted more than 20 million people, urging them to join the defense of the cross and fight back against the destruction of moral values in America. The cross is still standing today thanks in large part to the efforts of Public Advocate.
FOUGHT ALCOHOLISM ON CAPITOL HILL
In 2006, Public Advocate lent itself to public safety with its "Kennedy Sobriety Checkpoints." The checkpoints, located on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., were set up to protect citizens from the threat of drunk driving by Sen. Edward "Ted" Kennedy (D-Ma.) and Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-R.I.), and may well have succeeded in that goal: impaired drivers named Congressman or Senator Kennedy were notably absent from the streets of Capitol Hill during the Public Advocate checkpoints.
In 2007, Public Advocate produced the critically acclaimed video, "Moses And Teletubbies Under Arrest," seen by over 100,000 people across dozens of video hosting websites. The satirical video portrays the Thought Control Police patrolling the Senate office buildings in Washington, DC - under the new liberal regime in the House of Representatives and Senate with the passage of the Thought Control Bill - to stop Christians, Moses, and even the Teletubbies from making politically incorrect statements.
...AND A WHOLE LOT MORE:
- Blasted the American Conservatives Union for hosting gay lobbies as co-sponsors of the Conservative Political Action Conference, causing the ACU to reverse course the following year;
- Successfully pushed for the Internal Revenue Service to issue a ruling (which they did) stating there can be No Joint Tax Filling for Gay Couples;
- Defended the pro-life cause in Florida by calling for Terri Schiavo to be spared;
- Repelled false attacks and accusations by liberal radio network Daily Kos and the Democratic National Committee;
- Called for criminal charges to be filed against the Kennedy family;
- Launched a critically important Judicial Nomination ballot of top conservative jurists for the Supreme Court;
- Continued to utilize humor as a weapon of choice against liberals with a list of the top ten questions liberal Senators should ask judicial nominees;
- Supported John Roberts, and a week later opposed John Roberts in a nationally reported event;
- Declared political war against the Bush Administration (after many public warnings) for its nomination of liberal Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court, conducting daily news events in opposition until her withdrawal and replacement by Samuel Alito; and
- Worked tirelessly to confirm Justice Alito to the Supreme Court.
No other national political organization did as much with as little resources in such a short amount of time as Public Advocate in contributing and confronting the national debate on the direction of the Supreme Court.
SAVED MARRIAGE, STOPPED THE THOUGHT POLICE
From 2000 to 2004, Public Advocate dedicated itself to three federal legislative issues: (1) Enacting the Defense of Marriage Act, (2) Repealing the Marriage Penalty Tax, and (3) Defeating Sen. Ted Kennedy's "Thought Control Bill" (so-called Hate Crimes legislation).
To attract public support, Public Advocate used news conferences, interviews, post card mailings and street theater, with Public Advocate staff traveled to 40 cities in 7 states (Pennsylvania, New York, California, Florida, Vermont, Virginia, New Hampshire) and Washington, D.C.
Public Advocate used "street theater" in Washington, D.C. to defend Dr. Laura's Radio program from the gay lobby's relentless attacks on her religious and moral beliefs and its efforts to have her program removed from air.
...BLOCKED GAY-LOBBY GOVERNOR FROM REPRESENTING U.S. ABROAD
Public Advocate fought the nomination of the liberal, pro-homosexual "rights" Governor Paul Cellucci of Massachusettsfor Ambassador to Canada. Activities included:
- Holding demonstrations against the Cellucci nomination;
- Delivering sand pails reading, "don't dig too deep with Cellucci" and over 100,000 "Cellucci dollars" pointing out the $6B in cost overruns for the "Big Dig" scandal in Massachusetts (cost overruns which were partly underwritten by federal dollars);
- Distributing materials documenting Governor Cellucci's pro-gay rights agenda in Massachusetts to every Senate office;
- Delivering more than 50,000 petitions to Senate offices opposing the Cellucci nomination.
...DEFENDED JOHN ASHCROFT
Public Advocate opposed the Senate Judiciary Committee's liberal inquisition against Attorney General nominee John Ashcroft. Public Advocate staged "Joe Biden Hiring Inquisitions," visiting all 100 Senate offices dressed as black-hooded inquisitors to hand out questionnaires simulating the ridiculous questions being asked of John Ashcroft by Senator Joe Biden.
...TOOK THE FIGHT TO THE COURTS
Public Advocate initiated or supported various public interest litigation cases, as follows:
(U.S. Supreme Court, Boy Scouts of America v. Dale)
- Lead Amicus: Public Advocate of the United States
- Additional Amicus: Lincoln Institute for Research and Education
- Purpose: Encourage the U.S. Supreme Court to grant Certiorari and review the decision of the New Jersey Supreme Court (discussed below).
(U.S. Supreme Court, Boy Scouts of America v. James Dale)
- Lead Amicus: Public Advocate of the United States
- Additional Amici: Lincoln Institute for Research and Education, Committee to Protect the Family Foundation, Concerned Women for America, and National Criminal Justice Council
- Purpose: Encourage the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn the decision of the New Jersey Supreme Court, which would have forced the Boy Scouts to make homosexual advocate James Dale an assistant scoutmaster, in violation of their First Amendment right of expressive association, which allows them to exclude homosexuals from positions of leadership.
(U.S. Supreme Court, Carol M. Browner, et al. v. American Trucking Associations, et al.)
- Lead Amicus: Lincoln Institute for Research and Education
- Additional Amici: American Sovereignty Action Project, Gun Owners Foundation, Public Advocate of the United States, American Policy Center, 60 Plus, True Blue Freedom, and U.S. Border Control
- Purpose: Encourage the U.S. Supreme Court to determine that Section 109 of the Clean Air Act, as interpreted by the Environmental Protection Agency in setting revised National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for ozone and particulate matter, effects an unconstitutional delegation of legislative power.
(U.S. Ct. of Appeals for the 6th Cir., J. Barrett Hyman, M.D. v. City of Louisville, et al.)
- Lead Amicus: Public Advocate of the United States
- Additional Amici: Citizens United Foundation, Lincoln Institute for Research and Education, Concerned Women for America, and Conservative Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Purpose: Encourage the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit to strike down the City of Louisville and County of Jefferson, Kentucky ordinances which prohibit discrimination in employment upon the basis of "sexual orientation" or "gender identity," terms which are loosely defined in the ordinances, which do not even expressly require knowledge or intent, and carry substantial penalties. Dr. J. Barrett Hyman, a medical doctor specializing in gynecology in the City of Louisville, filed suit to have the ordinances declared unconstitutional because they would violate teachings in the Bible as well as guarantees of religious freedom and freedom of speech under the U.S. Constitution. This amicus curiae brief argued that the First Amendment does not permit government prohibition of actions where the public does not even understand what conduct is in issue.
(U.S. Supreme Court, Edgar Morales et al. v. Don Evans, U.S. Secretary of Commerce, and Kenneth Prewitt, Director of the United States Bureau of the Census)
- Purpose: Encourage the U.S. Supreme Court to review a decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit that denied a challenge to the constitutionality of the forms used in Census 2000. At issue is whether Congress has the power to require, under penalty of law, that the American people answer questions on race, employment, housing, and other subjects invading their privacy and totally unrelated to the two express constitutional purposes of the decennial census - apportionment of representatives in the U.S. House of Representatives, and the imposition of direct taxes.
- Filed by: Public Advocate of the United States
- Purpose: Seek investigation and proper enforcement action on the grounds that Montgomery County, Maryland violated the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act, enacted as part of Public Law 107-110 on January 8, 2002, when it determined to impose fees on the Boy Scouts as a penalty for the decision of the Boy Scouts to exercise their constitutionally-protected right to exclude self-professed homosexual males from leadership positions. The decision of the Boy Scouts was based upon the organization's moral values and policies.
- Held Press Conference in Rockville, Maryland;
- Scheduled Town Meetings in five locations in Maryland, including Montgomery County, Maryland, to generate more public opposition to Montgomery County's anti-Boy Scout policies; and
- Collected petitions from Maryland residents who supported the Boy Scouts and opposed Montgomery County's illegal activities.