D.C. STAND 4 MARRIAGE RALLY
April 26, 2009
If you can, please attend the defense of marriage rally in Washington DC, Tuesday April 28th from 10am-12
The rally is sponsored by Bishop Harry Jackson and is in response to recent legislation passed by the Washington DC council and an upcoming May 6 bill to introduce genderless marriage in the Nation's Capitol:
JOIN US AT THE STAND 4 MARRIAGE RALLY
TUESDAY, APRIL 28TH 10AM - 11AM
1350 PENNSYLVANIA AVE. NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20004
On Tuesday, April 7, 2009, the DC Council voted unanimously to recognize same-sex "marriages" performed in other states. Such "marriages" will be treated just like marriages between men and women under DC law. In addition, a bill to legalize same-sex "marriages" performed in the District may be introduced on Tuesday, May 5, 2009. If there is a vote, it will probably be unanimous, and Mayor Fenty will sign the bill.
We must continue preaching the biblical truth that God designed marriage as only the union of one man and one woman; that marriage is the foundation of family and the cornerstone of society. Official sanction of "same-sex marriages" is not only a deliberate deviation from the divine pattern, its result is damaging to all levels of social order. Imagine the impact upon children, schools, and even churches if same-sex "marriage" is legalized in DC.
Pastor we need you! Your leadership is critical. If we fail to act now, history will ask - "Where were the pastors?" However, if we act now, we can turn the tide and win the battle. Please prayerfully consider taking five urgent action steps:
1. Join the Conference Call - Please urge pastor friends to contact Rev. Derek McCoy at email@example.com
2. Attend a critical 10:00 AM Stand4Marriage Rally on Tuesday, April 28th - Pastors and churches will rally at Freedom Plaza in a show of force; a statement saying, "Not on my watch!, no same-sex marriages in DC!"
3. Attend the D.C. Council Meeting, Tuesday, May 5th - We expect pastors to overflow the Council chambers on May 5 as they move to ratify their previous vote. We need to stand and be counted. (DC City Hall, the John A. Wilson Building, 1350 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, D.C. 20004).
4. Attend and Urge Fellow Pastors to Attend Informational Meetings - Churches in DC, MD, and VA will host informational meetings. Check out http://www.stand4marriagedc.com/ for information (dates/times) when it comes online.
5. Visit http://www.stand4marriagedc.com/ website - An educational website is being produced to keep pastors and people informed and to educate all DC voters. It will be up and running by May 5th.
To win this effort will require "all hands on deck." Our success or failure will impact not only DC residents but all Americans. Laws passed by the DC Council are subject to Congressional review, so this will become a national issue. Can we count on you in this battle? Remember, "if God is for us who can be against us?" (Rom. 8:31)
Yours for Faith and Family,
Bishop Harry R. Jackson, Jr. Dr. Tony Perkins Rev. Derek A. McCoy
High Impact Leadership Coalition Family Research Council Stand 4Marriage Coalition
Hope Christian Church